Tau Paint Scheme:: O'Kan
This Article was written by:
- Wash sprues with warm water and washing up liquid to remove lubricants which will make the paint not stick
- Remove flash etc
- File away mould lines
- Start with a black under coat
- Paint all red areas red gore
- Dry brush blood red
- Ink wash with a mix of Black and red inks. About a ration of 1 part black 3 parts red
- Final dry brush of red
- Extreme highlight with fiery orange
- Helmet starts off with a black under coat
- Build up thin layers of skull white
- Always work with washed down white. Build up coats for a better result
- Wash in black ink in to the gaps to bring out detail.
- Grey was a black under coat, layer on codex gray the dry brush fortress grey.
- Black areas where dry brushed a bit of fortress grey to show light shinning down (see burst cannon)
- Symbol of the O'kan was done with a thin brush and black ink
- Base coat the base with a dark brown.
- Using watered down PVA put down the glue
- Place in sand and wait till dry
- Over coat again with brown
- Dry brush with Bleached bone
- Add some static grass for detail
Modelling TipDon't glue the ball joints for the feet. Instead allow it to clip on so you don't have to pin the feet on saving you the hassle of a ruined model.