This Article was written by:
I would like to remind readers that these are approximate meanings only; Tau is a subtle language, and the meaning of a word can change dramatically based on pronounciation, and position with a sentence.
- B'nim = Tau foodstuff, similar to a pasty.
- Co' = negative prefix (eg: "Co'ko'vash" = "not a worthy cause").
- Co'T = But.
- Dao = To accept, to receive.
- Doran'ro = Logical, rational (lit: "Calm mind")
- Du'a = Down.
- Dua'vr = Beside.
- Du'oc = Up.
- D'yi = Behind.
- Ea' = The/It.
- Eio'kio = Tree.
- Elan'gu'cha =Skeleton/frame work.
- Elan'Ro = Skull.
- Elro = Voice, speak.
- Eoro = Lead, guide.
- 'era = plural suffix. (eg: Ru'Fio'era = "many creations", Cha'era = "many purposes").
- Fa'ta'kn = Reproductive organs?
- Ge = And/or.
- Gue'La'sia = Imperial Gothic.
- H' = He/she/it.
- H'esav'Geka = Tau challenge ("Bring it on!")
- Ka'mesa = Lasting mark, scar.
- Kau = Bite/Eat, Rest, wait.
- Klkn = Tau curse ("Caste Traitor"?).
- Ko'io = Grain/wheat.
- Ko'io'nai = Cereal
- Ky = Me, I (in reference to self).
- Nan'Sha'is = An attack by the Eldar (lit: "Sword Wind").
- Ny'oni = Fur-covered.
- P = In, at.
- Ret = Teach, instruct, inform.
- Ru'Fio = Build, create.
- Sav' = future prefix (eg: Sav'Mont'ka = "will kill")
- Sav'cyr = In the future.
- Sav'Ge = "and will"
- Siral = Return.
- Shtlk = Defile, desecrate.
- T = Of/to.
- T'auk'cka = Impure, hybrid, ba**ard.
- T'auk'cka'M'me = Bastardised. (lit. "hybrid-combination")
- Ta'uk'me = Abbreviation of "Hybrid-Mating-Combination". Used in reference to Kroot Hounds.
- Tau'sia = Tau language.
- Tn'Cha = Of second purpose ("on the other hand" or "then again").
- Tol'tor = Position of Power.
- To'Tau'va = "By the Path!"
- Vah'cha = Goal, aim.
- Xesa' = past prefix (eg: Xesa'Mont'ka = "did kill").
- Yio: = Hear, listen.
- Y'va'kna = Someone who has done something foolish.
- Y'xauk = Breed/Mate.