Conversion Guide: Hammerhead To Fish
This Article was written by:
- Graphical Continuation of this guide - Using magnets inside the front nose turret (I haven't covered this part properly.)
- Ion Cannon Mod - Who said only Necrons could have clear plastic rods on their guns?
- An innovative way to allow you to add gun drones as an upgrade to your hammerhead! (It is a legal upgrade by the way, just no room for it.. until now!)
- Magnets on the Main Turret - This guide continued
- Normal Version (2.50 Mb) - Normal quality pictures
- Low end Version (0.26 Mb) - JPEG compressed pictures. Low quality.
What you'll need. Text-Only version.
- 1 x Hammerhead Kit
- And a combination of the following:
- Green Stuff
What to do1) Construct the hull: Only the main parts; don't glue on drones, engines, or the top crew hatch - for extra detail, hinge the side hatches. The rear hatch is designed to be hinged, so don't glue that on.2) Construct the engines, railgun, ion cannon, weapons drone (Without any weapons), burst cannons, missile pods, and the top crew hatch (Hinge it properly) and the Fire Warrior crew member.Do not glue these parts to anything else!The following should be left over: The 'C' piece and dome of the front turret, the turret ring, the targeting array, seeker missile and the sensor spine.3) You can put the engines on now if you want, just don't glue them as it allows them to swivel etc.
The two key pieces
[The piece that holds the front turret][gal_img]1331[/gal_img][The piece that holds the big guns to the main turret]
Your options from here onThis section shows how to handle the turrets, using either blu-tac, magnets or green-stuff.
- Use blu-tac and put a blob on top of the mounting piece.
- Put a magnet inside the top of the mounting piece then glue/stick a metal rod into the gun section so that it's held to the mounting piece, and probably glue the mounting piece into the turret ring.
- Mould an extra main turret mounting piece out of greenstuff, attach the original and the new one to each gun, and just pressure fit these into the main turret ring (Pressure fit works with the original, without any paint.
- Use blu tac on the back of the T piece to stick it to the hull. This works fine most of the time, apart from the blu-tac drying and getting messy..
- Get some really small magnets, put it into the T piece so its flush, and put it in the corresponding hull area so its also flush.
- Sorry but I haven't found a way to do this easily with green-stuff- I'd suggest using one of the two methods above as they're easier.
What about the weapons?The main turret should be pretty obvious, but what about the front one and the drones?
DronesWith a little bit of snapping etc, you can swap the guns the drones have between the smart missile system and burst cannons, just be careful not to snap the mounts!
Front TurretAs long as you didn't glue the 'C' piece and the dome together, this can all be held together in place without glue, once the 'T' piece is in place.
Targeting ArrayAttach this to the front turret using blu-tac, or glue on some spare 'T' shaped sprues (Or simply something to hold it in place.)
And it all goes together..This section shows how to handle the conversion between devilfish and hammerhead.
- Take the hull, fit the crew hatch to the top.
- Place a burst cannon in the front dome, place the 'C' piece over it, and use the 'T' piece to hold it to the hull using whatever method you decided to go with.
- Finish it off with gun drones/attach the sensor spine with blu-tac etc.
- Place the turret ring on top, put the crew hatch in this.
- Attach main weapon of choice to this turret ring.
- Put weapons on the weapon drones, put them in their slots.
- Attach accessories: Seeker missiles, sensor spines etc.
- See "Mounting Targeting Array" below.